Last year, many of you joined us for our “Fall in Love with Sweater Knitting” KAL and some of you completed your very first sweaters. This year, let’s take it to the next level and achieve a perfectly fitting sweater.
Amy Herzog is passionate about helping women create well fitting sweaters. Her Fit to Flatter blog series was immediately a huge hit in the knitting world when she wrote it in 2010. Soon after releasing the tutorials, she started offering classes at yarn shops teaching knitters how to determine their body shape and create well-fitting sweaters. Earlier this year she released the hugely anticipated book, Knit to Flatter, which includes all of the incredibly useful information from her blog series plus a whole lot more!
From Amy’s website:
While I love all knitting, and do occasionally design all kinds of knitted things, my true passion is for sweaters. It is my intent that all of these sweaters should be wardrobe staples for you–things you love to pull out of the drawer and wear again and again. It’s crucially important to me that they fit you well.
To that end, I recommend you choose a size that fits your shoulders properly and make modifications from there. I’ve created lots of resources to help you do this! Please start by visiting my fit to flatter page, and I look forward to seeing what you create.
Want to take full advantage of Amy’s knowledge about fit and making modifications to achieve a perfect fitting sweater? Stop in and pick up a copy of Knit to Flatter and if you already own a copy, bust it out and start reading! Sonia and Liz have both been pouring over their copies and plotting ways to flatter their shapes.
Amy has over 60 published patterns, truly something for everyone! All of Amy’s Ravelry patterns are available here at Stash through the Ravelry in-store download program, and we also have several copies of Knit to Flatter at the shop, which contains 18 of those patterns.
The Knitty Gritty:
- The Fall 2013 KAL begins on September 21st (no better way to celebrate the first day of fall than casting on a new sweater!) and ends December 21st.
- Pick any Amy Herzog sweater design.
- If you’re feeling really ambitious, pick up her book, get yourself measured and get to work making some modifications that are going to make your sweater fit perfectly.
- Join us for a special monthly edition of Stitch Night to get support and cheer each other on! September 25th will be the first KAL focused stitch night! Need help getting your measurements? We have a tape measure and are happy to help. Let’s all support one another and encourage each other make the best sweaters possible!
- Need a review from last years tutorials? They’ve all been compiled into one Googledoc or you can view them on the blog.
- Now, get swatching!