One of my favorite things about Stash is the front window. A large plate glass window is the perfect opportunity to create something visually stunning that draws people to the shop and inside its doors. For our Valentine window I had something else in mind entirely. When things just didn’t fall into place with plan A, along came plan B. And you know what? I think I like it better that my original idea!
♥Paper Heart Garland DIY♥
- fold a pretty piece of scrapbook paper in half, then cut into strips about 1 inch wide.
- using the fold as the point of your heart, fold the two ends together to form the curves of the heart.
- insert the folded bottom of the next heart into this curve and staple together.
- repeat until garland is desired length. I did groups of 2, 3, and 5.
- Next, I simply attached various lengths of yarn to a spray-painted embroidery hoop to create this one of a kind paper heart mobile.
- The Goods: Knitting bag: Jordana Paige Dress: Second Glance Yarn: Shibui Merino Alpaca (black + white), Sweet Georgia Cashluxe Fine (hot pink), Baah! Yarns Sonoma (short red), Schaefer Yarns Nichole (long red).